Chicken & Chickpea Cassoulet
- 1 lb1 lb 1 lbskin on Chicken Thigh, bone-in (or 1/2 lb boneless)
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupChickpeas, canned/cooked (see notes)
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupOnion, diced (see notes)
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupEggplant, diced (see notes)
- 2/3 cup2/3 cup 2/3 cupZucchini, diced (see notes)
- 8.5 oz8.5 oz 8.5 ozCaribbean Inspired Flavor Starter Sauce, 1 bottle (or Mesa de Vida Starter Sauce of choice)
- 1 cup1 cup 1 cupfree range Chicken Broth, (see notes)
- 14.5 oz14.5 oz 14.5 ozDiced Tomatoes, 1 can, optional
- Salt, to taste/health needs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ingredients in an oven-safe pot.
- Cover and oven-braise for 45 minutes to 1 ½ hours. (Time depends on the size of the cut of chicken you’re using. For smaller dices of boneless chicken 45 minutes, for bone-in chicken, up to 1-½ hours. Check for tenderness at 1 hour, then again in 15 minute increments, or use a thermometer probe.)
- If you’d like the top of your ingredients to brown, remove the lid during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Remove from the oven and rest with the lid on for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve as a stew, or over mashed potatoes, rice, couscous, quinoa, or pasta.
Adjust the protein ratio according to preference or what you have available. // Feel free to replace with any veggies you have on hand or prefer! // You can use your favorite broth, or wine, or combination of the two (Use 2 cups if you prefer more sauce)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week