Chai Spice Muffin (Paleo/Gluten Free)
- 1.5 cups Cassava Flour
- .5 cup Maple Sugar, + additional for optional garnish
- 1.5 Tbsp Garam Masala, OR SEE MY BLEND BELOW
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- .25 tsp Sea Salt
- .5 tsp ground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans, optional
- .5 - .75 cup Roasted and Salted Pistachios, roughly chopped + additional for garnish, optional
- 1 cup Buttermilk, room temp, see notes for options
- 3 whole Eggs, room temperature
- .25 cup Ghee, melted, slightly cooled
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 385° – line muffin tins with parchment liners.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cassava flour, maple sugar, baking soda, salt, chai spice blend and vanilla powder (if using) whisk to combine. If using pistachios, toss in and set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add buttermilk, eggs, melted ghee and vanilla. Whisk well until eggs are fully incorporated.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until you have a smooth batter. Spoon into lined muffin tins (you should get 6-7 depending on how large you like your muffins) – sprinkle the tops of each muffin with additional pistachios and maple sugar if using.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden and center springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let cool in tins for 4 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy while still warm, or store in the fridge for about a week & reheat before serving for optimal spice flavors.
To make chai blend, combine the following and store in a small glass jar: 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground clove, 1 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 tsp ground cardamom, 1 tsp ground allspice & ½ tsp ground black pepper. // To make buttermilk, add 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice to 1 cup measuring cup and then fill up the rest of the way with raw milk, use full fat coconut milk for dairy free.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week