Easy Rice & Bean Skillet
Pantry meals are some of my favorites, and this one is inspired by the Trader Joe’s product I can never leave the store without grabbing – a bag of frozen Fire-Roasted Sweet Corn. The smoky flavor adds so much instant deliciousness to any dish. Whether you’re in need of a 30-minute weeknight dinner or want to make a batch of this for grab-and-go lunches, this Easy Rice & Bean Skillet is delicious served atop a bed of chopped romaine lettuce or with tortillas for all-in-one tacos.
- 15 oz Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 cup Sweet Corn, fire-roasted
- 6 whole Green Onion (Scallion), sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 3 cup Basmati Rice, cooked
- 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole Lime
- 0.25 cup Cotija Cheese, (optional) for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add diced red bell pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Add frozen corn and continue to cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in white parts from onion and minced garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add beans, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook until beans are heated through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in cooked rice and green onions.
- Add the juice of 1 lime and drizzle in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Stir to combine, heat until rice and beans are the same temperature, taste for seasoning and serve!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week