Gluten Free Soft Pretzels with Cinnamon -Vanilla Dip
For the pretzels:
- 0.25 cupwhole Psyllium Husk
- 1 cupWater
- 2.5 cupsPrimal Palate Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
- 1 wholeQuick Rise Yeast
- 2 TbspBrown Sugar
- 1 tspBaking Powder
- 1 tspSalt
- 0.75 cupMilk
- 1 wholeEgg
- 3 TbspUnsalted Butter, melted
For the water bath
For the dip
- In a bowl, combine psyllium husk and water. Set aside until it becomes a gel.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, brown sugar, instant yeast, salt, and baking powder. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the milk, egg, melted butter, and psyllium husk to the stand mixer. Using the dough hook, mix until the dough pulls off the sides or about 4-5 minutes.
- Lightly oil a bowl and place the dough in the bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 425F and bring a pot of water to boil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly flour the surface and roll out the dough. Use a pizza cut into even strips. Roll the strip into a 15 inch rope, twist and shape into a pretzel.
- Once your water has come to a boil, add your baking soda and sugar.
- Once the foam has settled, add your pretzels in batches to the water bath. The pretzels will immediately sink but will float to the top after a few seconds.
- Transfer the pretzels to your baking sheet and lightly dust with sea salt or any coarse salt of your choosing.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, let them cool, and enjoy!
- While the pretzels bake, combine the cinnamon-vanilla butter, cream cheese, vanilla, cinnamon, powdered sugar & milk in a bowl and mix with a hand mixer.
If you want to make the pretzels ahead of time, you can shape the pretzels and freeze them. When you are ready to bake them, defrost for 20 minutes before adding to the water bath and baking!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week