Whipped Bone Marrow (for Babies & Adults!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and place a parchment over a baking sheet for easy cleanup.
- Place the bone marrow on the baking sheet, cut side up.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the marrow is soft and tender.
- Let the marrows cool enough to be handled, then scoop out the marrow with a spoon in to a bowl. Carefully lift the parchment paper and pour in all the fat into the bowl as well.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes until it's the consistency of softened butter.
- Use an electric mixer or a stand mixer with a whisk attachment to whip the marrow mixture at high speed until white and fluffy.
- You can serve as is for babies, but if you want to make a spread - whip in herbs, salt, and pepper. You can cook with whipped bone marrow or use as a spread.
You can refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze for up to 6 months. Just like butter, it'll become hard when chilled. Let it sit at room temperature for 1-2 hours to soften before serving.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week