Apple Pie French Toast Roll-Ups
- 1 Gala Apple, large, or apple of choice
- 1 Tbsp Vegan Buttery Spread, or coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Plain Vegan Cream Cheese, softened, I like Violife or Nurishh (see Notes)
French Toast Roll-Ups
- 6 pieces Bread, soft white bread is best for rolling
- 6 Tbsp JUST Egg (Plant Based Egg Substitute), or 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk, or milk of choice
- .5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Buttery Spread, or coconut oil, for frying
- Peel, core, and dice your apple into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Melt vegan butter in a skillet on medium heat. Add diced apple, maple syrup and cinnamon and mix together. Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring often, or until apples are slightly softened.
- Roll bread flat with a rolling pin. Carefully cut off crusts.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of vegan cream cheese onto a slice of bread. Add a spoonful of apple filling to one side of the bread. Gently but tightly roll up. Repeat with remaining bread, cream cheese, and apple filling.
- In a shallow wide bowl, whisk together JUST Egg, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Add vegan butter to a large skillet and turn on the heat to medium.
- While pan is preheating, dip each bread roll-up, one at a time, into the batter for about 10 seconds, coating all sides.
- Place roll-ups into the pan seam side down. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Make a quarter turn and repeat until all sides are golden brown.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar. Serve warm with maple syrup and a drizzle of almond butter. Enjoy!
Vegan cream cheese is optional, but it helps stick the bread together to help prevent it from unrolling. The cream cheese actually adds such a nice creamy texture to the middle, and its tartness pairs perfectly with the sweet apples and cinnamon. You can substitute the cream cheese with butter or any nut butter, or omit and just be careful that the French toast roll-ups don't unroll! They are delicious either way.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week