Tiramisu French Toast
Just when you thought regular French toast was good enough… I've leveled it up a few notches with this tiramisu inspired version! If you’re a tiramisu lover AND French toast lover then this one’s for YOU! This is one of my most popular recipes, and for good reason! With coffee-infused French toast, layered with sweet vanilla cream cheese, stacked high and finished off with a generous dusting of cocoa powder, this French toast is truly what dreams are made of! This recipe puts a fun twist on traditional tiramisu and French toast for the ultimate breakfast-dessert mashup!
- 8 pieces Bread, white bread or bread of choice
- 0.5 cup JUST Egg (Plant Based Egg Substitute), or 2 eggs
- 0.5 cup Almond Milk, of milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, or sugar if you prefer
- 2 - 3 tsp Coffee Concentrate, I like Javy (can also use instant coffee)
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 Tbsp Vegan Buttery Spread, for frying
- 6 Tbsp Plain Vegan Cream Cheese, softened, I like Violife or Nurishh
- 6 Tbsp Vanilla Yogurt, I used dairy-free
- 1 Tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder, for topping
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a shallow bowl wide enough to fit a slice of bread, whisk together JUST Egg, almond milk, maple syrup, coffee concentrate, and vanilla extract.
- Dip each slice of bread into the batter and let soak about 10 seconds on each side.
- Heat a skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of vegan butter. Add French toast and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining slices of bread and tablespoons of butter.
- Stir together cream cheese and vanilla yogurt and spread onto French toast while still warm. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Strawberries and maple syrup are also great toppings. Dig in!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week