These high protein low sugar oat bars make the perfect breakfast alternative or midday snack! You will fall in love for sure. I do recommend eating them chilled as they have a great crunch factor and the cottage cheese acts like ice cream.
- 3 cupsHighkey - Protein Cereal
- 2 tspground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans, or non alcoholic vanilla extract
- 0.5 cupAlmond Butter
- 0.25 tspSea Salt
- 0.25 cupHoney
- 1 cupRolled Oats
- 1 cupOrganic Cottage Cheese, whipped
- 1 tspground (vanilla bean powder) Vanilla Beans, or non alcoholic vanilla extract
- 1 TbspHoney
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a large bowl mix all your O’s and Oats ingredients until evenly combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl place your 1 cup of cottage cheese and whip together using an immersion blender. ( if you don’t have an immersion blender you can use a stand up blender or food processor for this step ).
- Add vanilla and honey to your cottage cheese and stir together thoroughly.
- pour your cottage cheese mixture into your oat bowl and mix until well combined
- Dump your oat mixture onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and spread mixture until you have an even rectangle shape about a 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Place your spread in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight and then cut into bar shapes using a pizza cutter and enjoy!
I recommend eating these chilled out of the freezer as they will have an amazing almost ice cream like texture due to the cottage cheese.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week