Watermelon Agua Fresca
One of the more popular of the aguas frescas, Agua de Sandia, is a refreshingly light and sweet drink made with only 3 ingredients. This recipe for watermelon agua fresca is easy to prepare and has no added sugar.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Add the water and watermelon to the blender.
- Blend for about one minute until smooth.
- For little to no pulp, use a fine mesh sieve or cheesecloth to strain the liquid into a pitcher.
- Pour the drink into a pitcher or bottle.
- Add 1 cup of ice and stir.
- Place container in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour until it’s nice and cold.
- Store any leftover agua fresca in an air-tight bottle or other container for up to 3 days
If using a watermelon with seeds, definitely strain to get rid of any extra seeds. Do not add too much ice as this will dilute the flavor and sweetness.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week