The Best Healthy Vegan Banana Bread
The best healthy vegan banana bread. Made with only 11 ingredients and takes 10 minutes to whip together?! Count me in! This banana bread is so healthy, soft and chewy yet crunchy from the walnuts, and made with good-for-you ingredients. This is the perfect snack to meal prep for your week so you always have a delicious snack on hand!
- 2 whole Banana, very ripe and mashed
- 2 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal, (2 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Buttery Spread, melted vegan butter
- 0.333 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.5 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1.75 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 bunch Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus extra to top loaf before baking
- 1 bunch Organic Walnuts, chopped, and extra to top loaf before baking
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray or line a loaf pan with cooking spray/parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, prepare your flax egg by mixing 2 tbsp ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp warm water. Let set for about 5 minutes.
- On a flat plate or cutting board, mash 2 very ripe bananas with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all wet ingredients together (including mashed banana) and whisk well.
- Add in all dry ingredients and whisk well until combined. Use a spatula if needed to scrape down the sides of the bowl if any flour/dry ingredients remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts with a spatula.
- Pour banana bread batter into lined loaf pan and bake at 350ºF for 1 hour or until top of loaf begins to crack. You can take a toothpick and see if it comes out dry, this means the loaf is done!
- Take out from the oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting a slice and enjoying.
How to store: Place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. How to freeze: Place in airtight container in the freezer for up to one month.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
About This RecipeCakes Coconut Free Dairy Free Egg Free Nightshade Free Pescetarian Plant Based Shellfish Free Vegan Vegetarian
Fellow foodies also viewed
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.